Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What should be done for vomiting caused by long exposure to hot weather?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
My 4year old grandson has been out in 42degree Celsius heat for about 2hrs, he is now vomiting for the 4th time,. He is very sleepy. He is being given lots of fluid. Do we need to take him to hospital. Kind Regards, XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like early dehydration. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Please check out for these symptoms - dry mouth/eyes, dry and mildly wrinkled kind of skin, delayed reflexes, taking time to understand verbal communication etc. If any such symptoms are there then take him to hospital. If feeling sleepy looks odd, then his regular routine then this can also be sign of early dehydration. If none of these symptoms are there then continue giving him fluids and he will improve in few hours. Give him fluids with salt and sugar in it.Maintain a cooler environment around him. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor