Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What should be done for swelling in vagina?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I inserted a phenergan tablet in my vagina. I know it was stupid but now my vagina seemed to have protruded outward. It's looks swollen or like cyst.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Localised reaction, not serious. Detailed Answer: Hi, This would not be the recommended route for phenergan. You are experiencing a localised reaction to the tablet of swelling. It will subside, probably in a few hours. you need not take any specific action and you do not need to go to the ER. If you feel an irritation, then a cool pack to the area may help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done for swelling in vagina? 5 hours later
Thank you so much for responding. I know it was less then smart to think I could insert phenergan pills into my vagina. I wasn't thinking, I just got tired of taking it by mouth and before it could get into my system I would vomit. I will never try that again. I'm so embarrassed. Again, thank you and have a blessed night.
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. If you have no further questions, you may close this query. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor