What should be done for sensitive penis tip?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: Yes. The tip of my penis is too sensitive when it is rubbing against my pants (painful) but not sensitive enough during sex. It's gotten worse this yr. I am 31, and I am ciecumcized. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 55 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Usually sensitivity of glans penis is less in circumcised individuals, but in your case it has increased. Vaginal secretions reduces irritation of penile skin during sex.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities which in following hierarchy:
•     Allergy of penile skin to cloth of paints.
•     Infection of lower urinary tract or penis: specially fungal infection need to be rule out.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.

So, visiting dermatologist will help you to rule out allergy and infection. Apart from that take healthy diet, fruits and multivitamins for improvement.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.