Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What should be done for post-menopausal bleeding?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
i have noticed slight brown stringy blood from vaginal wipe during toileting today. first since 8 yrs ago. i am 50. i am 103 kilos and 5,4 ....i am taking kiliovance for hrt. what is the immediacy and nature of my medical condition?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Based on the time period since your last cycle, this should be treated as an episode of post-menopausal bleeding. It requires a thorough evaluation to rule out pre-cancerous changes of the uterus: 1. An exam with an OB/GYN 2. An endometrial / uterine biopsy should be obtained 3. An ultrasound of the uterus should be ordered This is very important to sort out, especially if you are planning to continue hormone replacement therapy safely. I hope that this helps and good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done for post-menopausal bleeding? 13 minutes later
yes I thought as much. Can a GP help or will they just refer me? can i wait until thursday for a consult. ??
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: I think that the most efficient way to sort all of this out is a with a consult with an OB/GYN. If they are willing to do this without seeing you, then great. And yes, this can wait for a week or so, but try to get it sorted out within a month. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor