Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What should be done for pain in breast?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Reference to above query, I did not go for any surgery or treatment for the said ailment but the pain has disappeared. By touching or pressing no pain, even my grandson hit his leg but no pain. Only precaution, I took I did not go for body massage for the last six months. Is it Ok or I should go for further investigation WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: get mammography done Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your earlier discussion thread. I am glad that you do not have the pain now. Also, avoid the body massage for some more time as you did in last 6 months. Although you do not have symptoms currently, fibroadenoma needs to be evaluated further. I would suggest you to get a mammography done, and if fibroadenoma stills exists, you could get a biopsy or FNAC done to rule out cancer. Once cancer is ruled out, you need not worry about the problem at all, and can move on in life. Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done for pain in breast? 52 minutes later
FNAC done six months back (July 2013) when I start feeling pain.And it is noncancerous. Whether again I should go for FNAC?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: not required Detailed Answer: hi, Thanks for the update. If you have already done the FNAC and it is non-cancerous, then you need not repeat it again. In my view, you can just relax on this as it is benign. A yearly follow up with your doctor would be better. Rest, you need not do anything about it now. Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor