Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What should be done for high spike in blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
I just checked my blood pressure it is 198 over 98 I already had heart diease, do I need to go to the hospital?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, please go to hospital Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. Your systolic blood pressure is high. It needs immediate consultation in view of you having high cardiovascular risks in past history. Thus I would suggest that you go to the hospital. Going to physician office may take a while, whereas you will get immediate help in emergency room. Take care. Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor