Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What should be done for dizziness and blurred vision with drop in BP?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5557 Questions
My husband is a stroke patient undergoing rehab. His stroke was hemorraghic (sp?) which occurred on Dec 9th. He developed DVT and had a Greenfield filter placed in his groin yesterday. The EMT's how picked him up from the rehab hospital dropped him in transport on the concrete about 4 feet. He suffered a severe blow to his head (his right side, the affected side). He sustained a concussion. CT scan yesterday did not show injury yesterday - but this afternoon his blood pressure dropped to 70/40 and he is being treated at rehab hospital for shock with saline IV. He has had two IV's and was scheduled for a third. He is experiencing dizziness and blurred vision. I want another CT done. I'm worried that this is an emergency and there is not being enough done for him. Should I insist that he be taken to a full service hospital emergency room?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I agree with you. After the fall from four feet height on a concrete, and in view of fall in BP, a repeat CT scan of brain is required. In addition, we also need to exclude bleeding in any other location (fracture of bones, intra-abdominal injury, etc). This would require clinical examination followed by X-rays and ultrasound of abdomen. His ECG (EKG) and blood hemoglobin should also be checked. So, I would agree with you that your husband needs to be transferred to a better emergency room and hospital set up. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor