Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What should be done for abnormal Troponin-T value?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
Dear Dr Khan; Thanks a lot for your getting back. I was going to get in touch with you. Contacted a few doctor here with my sickness a many lab test were done as listed below blood (one bad) and urine. One doctor confidentially agreed with your diagnosis. Drugs without naming them)The other three acknowledged the symptoms but stated: NOTHING CAN BE DONE. I am trying hard to get a HEAVY METALS tests. Will get in touch as soon as I can Get one. For now I know that urine pH is 2. Sincere thanks XXXX TROPONIN T – High Sensitivity 28H (1-14ng/L) Troponin T-HS has a non-specificlnon-diagnostic elevation and is inconclusive for myocardial infarction provided the specimen was collected> 6 hours from the onset of symptoms. Repeat testing in 2 to 4 hours may be useful depending on the clinical situation. Abnormally high Urine Color. Yellow Final Urine Appearance Clear Final Urine Specific Gravity 1.020 [<=1.030] Final Urine PH.. 6.0 [5.0-8.5] Final Urine Leukocyte. Negative [Negative] Final Urine Nitrite Negative [Negative] Final Urine Protein. Negative [Negative giL] Final Urine Glucose. 14A [Negative mmollL] Final Urine Ketones Negative [Negative] Final Urine Blood. Negative [Negative] Final Comment. See Note Final Microscopic examination not performed due to negative Blood, Nitrite, Leukocyte Esterase and Protein.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lovely to hear from you, yet unhappy sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again Mr. XXXXXXX I am glad to hear from you once again, but not very happy about the in-availability of the specific tests. I am also a little worried about your abnormal Troponin-T value sir. If you do not mind, could you kindly get a 2D echocardiography and an EKG (ECG) done if you have not already conducted the same. Please visit a local cardiologist with the same as soon as it is done, and then write back to me with the investigations so I can give you my opinion about any possible conditions (god forbid) and we could also discuss what the heart specialist has to say about this. I am worried the heavy metals (if this is the right diagnosis), could be causing harm to your heart. Please keep me informed about any/all developments sir. And in the meantime, try to stay healthy and also, if really possible, do try to relocate. I only suggest this hoping the source of the heavy metal poisoning can be discontinued. Best wishes sir.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done for abnormal Troponin-T value? 2 hours later
Dear Dr Khan; Your advice is highly appreciated as usual. Will do my best to fallow completely. Monday I will try to have all tests done at least start as much as I can. Will definitely update you. Please keep in touch Sincerely XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wishing you lots of luck sir Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I shall always keep in touch sir. You need not worry about that. Wishing you succeed in finding the required investigations. Best of luck and god bless.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor