What should be done for abnormal Troponin-T value?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Dr Khan; Thanks a lot for your getting back. I was going to get in touch with you. Contacted a few doctor here with my sickness a many lab test were done as listed below blood (one bad) and urine. One doctor confidentially agreed with your diagnosis. Drugs without naming them)The other three acknowledged the symptoms but stated: NOTHING CAN BE DONE. I am trying hard to get a HEAVY METALS tests. Will get in touch as soon as I can Get one. For now I know that urine pH is 2. Sincere thanks XXXX TROPONIN T – High Sensitivity 28H (1-14ng/L) Troponin T-HS has a non-specificlnon-diagnostic elevation and is inconclusive for myocardial infarction provided the specimen was collected> 6 hours from the onset of symptoms. Repeat testing in 2 to 4 hours may be useful depending on the clinical situation. Abnormally high Urine Color. Yellow Final Urine Appearance Clear Final Urine Specific Gravity 1.020 [<=1.030] Final Urine PH.. 6.0 [5.0-8.5] Final Urine Leukocyte. Negative [Negative] Final Urine Nitrite Negative [Negative] Final Urine Protein. Negative [Negative giL] Final Urine Glucose. 14A [Negative mmollL] Final Urine Ketones Negative [Negative] Final Urine Blood. Negative [Negative] Final Comment. See Note Final Microscopic examination not performed due to negative Blood, Nitrite, Leukocyte Esterase and Protein.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lovely to hear from you, yet unhappy sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again Mr. XXXXXXX I am glad to hear from you once again, but not very happy about the in-availability of the specific tests. I am also a little worried about your abnormal Troponin-T value sir. If you do not mind, could you kindly get a 2D echocardiography and an EKG (ECG) done if you have not already conducted the same. Please visit a local cardiologist with the same as soon as it is done, and then write back to me with the investigations so I can give you my opinion about any possible conditions (god forbid) and we could also discuss what the heart specialist has to say about this. I am worried the heavy metals (if this is the right diagnosis), could be causing harm to your heart. Please keep me informed about any/all developments sir. And in the meantime, try to stay healthy and also, if really possible, do try to relocate. I only suggest this hoping the source of the heavy metal poisoning can be discontinued. Best wishes sir.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Dear Dr Khan; Your advice is highly appreciated as usual. Will do my best to fallow completely. Monday I will try to have all tests done at least start as much as I can. Will definitely update you. Please keep in touch Sincerely XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wishing you lots of luck sir Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I shall always keep in touch sir. You need not worry about that. Wishing you succeed in finding the required investigations. Best of luck and god bless.