Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What should be done for a minor head injury?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5571 Questions
Fell backwards off a ledge a few weeks ago and have just felt a dent in the back of my head and have been feeling nauseous, vomiting, blurred vision, headaches, as well as tingling at the top of my head, have had to take antihistamine that helps for nausea everyday. Should I go to the doctor? Would this be a serious head injury?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your complaints and I feel there is very little chance of you having a serious head injury. This is because a few weeks have passed since the time of your injury. You could continue symptomatic treatment, such as diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets for headache, ondansetron for nausea, etc. Only, if you do not get better, should you need to go to the doctor and get a CT scan of the brain done. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor