What should be done after putting Ciprodex otic in eye?
No problem will occur no need to worry.
Welcome to health care magic
I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.
It seems from the history that you applied ciprodex optic drops into ear accidently.
Ciprodex otic drops is antibiotic steroid drops used for treatment of ear infections. It contains ciprofloxavin an antibiotic and dexamethasone, steroid .
Most of the ear drops can be used for eye also and they come as eye/ ear drops. But few drops come exclusively for use only in eye or ear. The difference is in the preservative and the main ingredients remain the same.
However one drop of ciprodex optic will not cause any problem. You need to wash the eye with normal or cool water. If there is irritation use of artificial tears will provide symptomatic relief. If you have any symptoms like redness, itching... let me know.
Hence no need to worry.
You need to continue use of latanoprost eye drops and it is used for treatment of glaucoma.
Hope the information is helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- History of cataract. Diagnosed with ocular rosecea. Eyes are bloodshot,...
- Inner side of left side is swollen. Having headache and feeling sick....
- Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?
- Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about...
- Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I...
- Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant...
- Diabetic. Eyes are blurry. Seeing things one on another. What to do?
- Child's eyes are not conjugated and looking at things normally. Is it...
- White sticky liquid comes out from the corner of eyes. What kind of...
- Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?