What should be done after over dose on Skelaxin?

General Surgeon
Question
What do you do if you take 2 skelaxin
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take rest

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Skelaxin is not usually taken 2 at a time as it Is strong muscle relaxant. If such a patient comes to me I usually advice them to take rest and not go out or drive for one day. I also advice not to walk much because as a side effect may feel dizziness, stomach upset, vomiting sensation, giddiness, weakness.

The maximum side effects are likely to start after 3 to 4 hours of drug intake and may be there till 4 to 5 hours. Usually all side effects may subscide by 8 to 10 hours. If it is not so then you need to consult your doctor.

I would suggest to take a ppi like omeprazole to avoid stomach upset .

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help .

Dr.Deepika Patil