What should be done after exposure to bug spray fumes?

Question
Hello, I was taking out a small trash bag (13 gal.) and putting it into a bigger trash bag. After I done that I sprayed regular house hold bug spray on the bag and tied it up. While I was tying it up, I believe some of the fumes shot up near my face. I was holding my breath at the time but believe maybe some of the fumes got on my face. Should I be worried about anything, cause I can breath normally but got a little bit of cotton mouth? Its been about 90 minutes since this happened, what should I do? Do I drink water? Brush my teeth? I washed my face, five times and changed my shirt. Oh and spit out a little bit of blood, which stopped after three (3) times.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
better visit ER no worries though

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
The act of exposure seems my enough to be worried about.bug sprays are usually organophosphates and their poisoning needs quite a bit of exposure and a few fumes are least likely to cause that.
You did good thing by washing the face and removing the shirt etc.
90 minutes has passed but there is no harm to be ok n the safer road.as spitting of blood and cotton mouth dry mouth indicates a little exposure. Get to ER they will give you a little antidote if need be.that too for safety and not necessary.
Butsas I said prevention is better than cure.get to the ER with peaceful mind as this visit is just prophylaxis and let them see and assess 5 he situation and careful next time please.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX