Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What should I take for a white bad smelling layer on my penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
I get severe itching on penis & nearby areas. Also a white layer with very bad smell creates in inside skin of my penis. It was infected to my wife and 5 years old child.What medicine we should take?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: What should I take for a white bad smelling layer on my penis? 6 minutes later
It is possibly the fungal infection. Earlier for similar problem a local Doctor gave me 4 capsules to take in 4 weeks and the problem disappeared for a long period.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 32 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

From your description, I think you have 'yeast infection' or 'candidiasis'. The treatment for that is antifungal indection.

You need to see a dermatologist or a physician to get a prescription.

If this is a recurrent problem for your wife and you, please get blood sugars checked

Meanwhile avoid sexual intercourse until your treatment is complete.

You will need a prescription for antibiotics.Your wife should be treated too.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor