question-icon

What should I drink and eat for low sodium level in the blood?

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018
Question: I should stop drinking water. What should I drink and eat if I have low sodium in my blood
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
yes you should

Detailed Answer:

You shouldn't stop drinking and eating but you can drink in moderation if your doctor believes that you have excess water in your body (for example: patients with low sodium and edema). There is no reason to stop eating... Whether you would be able to do so or not might depend on sodium concentration. For example patients with very low sodium values (120 or so) may experience vomiting and reduced level of consciousness (therefore eating and drinking might be difficult).

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis