What should I drink and eat for low sodium level in the blood?
yes you should
You shouldn't stop drinking and eating but you can drink in moderation if your doctor believes that you have excess water in your body (for example: patients with low sodium and edema). There is no reason to stop eating... Whether you would be able to do so or not might depend on sodium concentration. For example patients with very low sodium values (120 or so) may experience vomiting and reduced level of consciousness (therefore eating and drinking might be difficult).
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low sodium levels in body
- What causes low sodium levels
- Effects of low sodium levels
- Critical low sodium level
- Low sodium levels with osteoporosis
- Low sodium levels
- What causes low sodium in blood tests
- Low sodium and chloride levels in blood
- Low sodium levels in blood
- Low sodium and potassium levels