Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What should I do to treat a sweaty vagina?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12686 Questions
I'am a 48 yr. 5'0 180lbs women 2 years ago I had all my female organs removed, now I suffer with a very sweaty virgina and the area where I cut gets sweaty as well.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

You had a hysterectomy with removal of both ovaries two years ago. After the removal of these organs, menopause sets in and usually after sometime you start experiencing the menopausal symptoms.

Feeling sweaty and hot are one of the commonest symptoms of menopause. If the symptoms are mild like in your case then some lifestyle changes do produce the desired relief. Applying a dusting powder in the area of scar will help in keeping it dry. If the symptoms are severe, diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid high calorie foods and saturated fats.
3.) Exercise regularly for an hour and brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
6.) Make sleep a priority and sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily
7.) Dress in layers and avoid hot beverages, warm rooms, caffeine, Spicy foods, to avoid hot flushes
8.) Join a support group if you have any in your Country, and share your experiences with other women who experience similar symptoms as you, this will help you ease your burden and will help you understand your condition better.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and can prescribe you related hormone replacement if needed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor