Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What should I do to remove mascara particles from eye?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
I stuck my mascara wand into my left eye. It appears there are pieces of mascara in the eye. I have used eye drops all day, but the pieces have not moved. Is there something else I can do?
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Welcome to HCM
Sorry to hear about your problem!
As you say that you still have some particles of mascara in the eye, you should go immediately to the doctor for removal of foreign body.
This foreign body can irritate the cornea and cause corneal laceration which is painful and XXXXXXX
The doctor (ophthalmologist) can identify this with his special instrument and remove the foreign body and also check for corneal laceration.
Meanwhile, please do not rub your eye.
Take care
God bless
Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor