Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What should I do to lose weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
weightI am 41 years old and the heavest i have been.i had two knee sugary an still in some pain anx iys been two yrs. Want to eat right i do walk a lot. After a while i start getting a lot of pain. Pleas i can loose the weight just want an extra push with the eating habits an more on exercise
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

To loose weight you have to bring permanent change to life style also known as life style modification.

In diet you have to bring changes in eating habits the diet quality and type as well. reduce the consumption of diet having carbohydrates and fats and increase protein diet intake. also increase use of fluids. take water before meals and not after meals. avoid soft drinks. don't skip your meals. take your routine 3 times meal but reduce the quantity you intake and take a short walk after taking meals. Also make a routine of regular exercise for at least 1 hour daily and monitor your weight weekly. Strictly following your routine can help you a lot

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor