What should I do to avoid snoring at night?

Dr. Ravinder Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: How to avoid snoring at night?
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 32 minutes later
Hello
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma
Snoring results from the obstruction to the airflow in the airway. The site of obstruction may be in the nasal cavity, pharynx (throat), larynx (voice box) or chest. Besides this there are general causes like obesity, diabetes and hypothyroidism and normal ageing (lax mucosa).
A patient with snoring require a complete check up by a general physician and a Otolaryngologist. The examination and the investigations will help in getting the diagnosis. If there is any obstruction
Nose - Polyp , Deviated nasal septum are common causes
Pharynx - Large tonsils, adenoids are common causes
Larynx - Mass lesion or obstruction in voice box
General cause - Obesity, Diabetes, hypothyroidism

Once a diagnosis is made it needs to be treated to get cure of snoring

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if case you require more information about it.

with regards
Ravinder Sharma