Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What should I do if my hands are numb?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12739 Questions
my mri shows c6-7 cental canal stenosis with moderately severe to severe neural foraminal compromise bilaterally. Both of my hands are numb but neurosurgeon says I'm ok and mri is fine. Do you agree? Also doc gave me copy of wrong mri it belongs to someone else, I got my coy from image company.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Your MRI shows spinal canal stenosis with constricted foraminae causing compression of the nerve roots coming out from the foraminae.

The symptoms that you have is probably due to the nerve compression.

It seems that your doctor saw the wrong report. You need to have a follow up visit to the doctor and show him the report you got from the image company.

Medical drugs - methylcobalamin supplements, antiinflammatory analgesics or by epidural steroid injections, physiotherapy form the treatment of the problem. Surgical procedure is advised in severe cases.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor