Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What should I do for premature ejaculation? Should I take medicine for it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
I am having problem of premature ejaculation. What should I do? should i take medicine for that?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 23 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Premature ejaculation is a situation in which couple is not satisfied with the duration of intercourse. The average time of Intra-Vaginal Ejaculatory Latency Time (IELT) is about 3 - 5 minutes provided you do adequate foreplay. Intra-Vaginal Ejaculatory Latency Time is the time taken to ejaculate after penetration.
The following measures will help:
a.     You can practice kegel exercise which is good for better pubococcygeal muscle control. The technique is to contract the muscle puboccocygeus. This muscle is the one which you contract when you need to hold back urine. So you need to contract this muscle, hold and relax. This needs to be repeated several times daily.
b.     The frequency of intercourse also has an important role in the duration of IELT. If you have intercourse more frequently, the duration will also be more and vice versa.
c.     The medical management is by giving Tab Dapoxetine which can be take 1/2 hour - 2 hours prior to the proposed act. This has good results and you need to consult your physician for a prescription od the same.

I hope I answered your query well.
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should I do for premature ejaculation? Should I take medicine for it? 55 minutes later
Dear Dr

From where I will get the tab? how to do the kegel exercise?
I am based in Pakistan.
There is any tab for increases the size & thickness of penis?
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 3 hours later

Thanks again.

The medicine is not available over the counter. It is available by the prescription of Modern Medicine doctor only.

Kegel exercise - Kegel exercise can be done in either sitting or lying down. Try to contract the muscles like when you do to stop urinating. While doing that, you can feel your pelvic muscles squeezing your urethra and anus. If stomach or buttocks muscles tighten, that means you have not found the right muscles to exercise. Contract the pelvic muscles, squeeze for 3 seconds and relax for 3 seconds. Repeat this for 10-15 times a session. For best results do this 3 times a day regularly.

As far as lengthening penis is concerned; the length of excited vagina is about 3.5 - 4.5 inches of which only the outer 1/3rd is sensitive to sexual stimulation. That means only the outer 1.5 inches of vagina is sensitive. So if you have a penis which is more than 2 inches when erect, you can make a female reach orgasm.

So do not worry about the size or thickness of your penis. It is not the size of the penis rather art of sex that matters.

Hope I answered all your queries in detail.
Kindly accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

All the best

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor