What should I do after swallowing a gold tooth crown?
User rating for this question
I swallowed a gold tooth crown, what should I do?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to go to ER Detailed Answer: Hello, Such ingested foreign bodies get lodged into air pipe or food pipe.Getting it stuck in air pipe is worrisome and should be removed immediately as it can cause chocking. If it lodges in food pipe which is more common then one needs to follow it up to see if it comes out in stools. See your doctor sooner or go to ER.Doctors will get xrays done to see where exactly the tooth crown is. Next steps will depend on where it is lodged.If its in airway then they will have to do bronchoscopy and remove it.If its in food pipe they will follow it up with xrays to see it comes out on its own or not.If not then intervention will be needed. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards