What prognosis can be expected while having high fasting blood sugar level, high triglycerides, low vitamin D and hepatomegaly?
Request your inputs on the health checkup reports attached of my FIL.
1. High Fasting Glucose 118 mg/dl (Pre-diabetic?)
2. High Triglycerides (244 mg/dL)
3. Low Vitamin D (14.00 ng/mL)
4. Hepatomegaly with increased hepatic echo-pattern suggestive of fatty infiltration. (Ultrasound)
2D Echo of heart was normal.
General physician who saw the report was not much worried of the above findings and suggested below medication.
1. Fenolip 145 for 3 months
2. D-Rise cap once a week for 6 months.
Kindly provide your inputs
Just Need Lifestyle Modifications
After going through the medical details provided by you of you FIL I understand your concern for his health and I would like to tell you that the reports are just alarming and there is nothing to be afraid of, as all these reports can very well be improved just with the help of lifestyle modifications and the medication which your doctor has prescribed.
Lifestyle modification includes
1. High fibre diet
2. Avoid Junk food
3. Avoid drinking and smoking
4. Daily Physical activity for 40 min
5. Eat fresh fruits
6. Avoid added sugars
7. Drink plenty of water
Continue these along with medicines for 3 months and repeat your Lipid profile.
Hopefully this information will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu Partap
I just forgot to mention that he is a BP patient and taking a tablet daily for it.
Also, is it safe to take Fenolip 145 while taking alchohol? As mentioned earlier he drinks alcohol moderately which we have told him to stop.
Also, I hope you have seen the findings on the liver and any comments on this please?
No its not advisable to take fenolip in fact any medicine with alcohol intake.
Yes I have seen the report about liver and it's all because of his alcohol intake as alcohol damages liver cells.
He should be encouraged to stop taking alcohol.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of high triglyceride levels
- High triglyceride levels myth
- Diets for high triglyceride levels
- Signs of high triglyceride levels
- High triglycerides while pregnant
- Jaggery high triglyceride levels
- Treatment of high triglyceride levels
- Appendicitis high triglyceride levels
- Causes of high triglyceride level
- High triglycerides low potassium
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?