Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What precautions to follow for conception?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
We are trying for a baby but no any positive result please suggest what I do..
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Follow this guideline which helps you to maximize the chance of pregnancy: 1) Do unprotected sex without any contraceptive method close to her ovulation day (14 days prior to next due date) or fertile days (12th to 18th day of each 28 - 30 days regular cycle) for at least 6 to 12 months. She can use ovulation prediction kit or LH kit to predict ovulation day in mid cycle. It is available in all medical store. 2) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and Folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after. 3) Do light exercise for physical fitness and avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style. Next thing, if you fail to conceive within 6 to 12 months of regular unprotected sex after tracking her ovulation day or fertile days, both of you need to undergo some basic fertility tests. These include: 1) Semen Analysis, 2) Pelvic ultrasound scan of your wife to check status of reproductive organs, 3) Test for tubal patency and cervical factors, 4) Thyroid profile and D-21 progesterone hormone assay, 5) Follicular study for proper ovulation 6) Blood sugar, Hb% and prolactin level test etc. In such case, you have to consult with gynecologist or infertility specialist for proper guidance of above mentioned tests and management of the case. Hope, I have guided you with my experience. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor