What precautions need to be taken during twin pregnancy?
Both babies are matured and good weight. Cesarean section is safe option.
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at HCM virtual clinic. I have carefully gone through your query and attached reports, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.
1.First of all do not panic.
2. I have gone through your attached reports.
God is great.
Both the babies have good growth, even with twin pregnancy baby weights are very good.
USG shows that placentas are at different locations,
both are in vertex position ( Head down)
3. As on today, your pregnancy is 37 weeks and 5 days duration.
It is a at term pregnancy, babies usually have attained sufficient maturity.
There is no issue even if babies are delivered.
4. PLEASE KEEP FULL TRUST IN YOUR TREATING DOCTOR.
I will suggest you to undergo planned cesarean section to deliver out the babies.
It is observed many a times that after vaginal delivery of first baby, there is some kind of obstetric problem - delivery related- that arises for the second baby.
Second baby gets compromised blood supply, it can change its position , also cervix-mouth of the womb- becomes less favorable for the baby's delivery.
Considering that you and your doctor and relatives have successfully managed to carry twin pregnancy till term, it would be medically , rational to get babies delivered safely by cesarean section.
I hope this answer was helpful to you!
Please kindly rate it as helpful and write a short review about your experience with me! I would appreciate that a lot.
Thank you and best regards!
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar
Please do not wait. get it done . Trust in GOD and your doctor.
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.
If there are no other issues, please get it done tomorrow.
If you keep waiting or at a delayed date, labour pains will unnecessarily compel to do same procedure on emergency basis.
As such twins pregnancy should be considered as high risk pregnancy and high risk delivery condition.
The method of surgery and anaesthesia has improved a lot now a days as compared to past. Safety of surgery and operative and postoperative care has changed and comfort to patient is quite high.
The anesthesiologist will be expert in his field and he will use best of his skills and knowledge to give you appropriate treatment.
so please do not worry, put trust in God and your doctors.
I will say-
A stitch in time saves nine.
Please be relaxed, do not have any dilemma, listen to your doctor's advice.
wish you all the best.
May god bless you with twin bundles of joy!
I hope this answer helps you.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What precaution should be taken to prevent spotting during pregnancy
- Precautions during pregnancy of twins
- Precautions taken for second twin pregnancy
- Vomiting during pregnancy need to travel suggest precautions
- What precautions to be taken during seventh month of pregnancy
- What precautions needs to be taken for visable pregnancy
- What is need of choriomon during pregnancy
- Precautions taken during pregnancy
- What are the precautions to be taken during pregnancy
- What precautions need to be taken by pcod patients in early pregnancy