question-icon

What other diseases mimic Rheumatoid arthritis?

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018
Question: I have similar symptoms to RA, but my blood test always comes back normal. Are there other diagnoses similar to RA symptoms?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
What are our symptoms?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I definitely need to know what these symptoms are in order to be able to come up with a list of possible differential diagnoses.

Possible differential include rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory joint disease, reactive inflammation of the joint, etc.

In all, I will like to hear your symptoms and review the laboratory tests to see which most likely explains your symptoms.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah