question-icon

What might be the cause for a blister like rash on the ankle along with pins and needles feeling and swelling in the leg?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question: My husband has a blister like rash on his left inside ankle with pins and needles feeling. There is also swelling below the knee. Any ideas what it might be?
YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Some inflammatory swelling.

Detailed Answer:

I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

Please note..

1. After reading your history, I feel it's an inflammatory swelling.

2. Blister is secondary to the inflammation present.

3. But, once you see a blister kindly do not wait, better to consult a surgeon electively.

4. We will know what exactly it is after surgeon consultation.

Hope this helps you..

Dr. Manjunath Metri , General Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon