Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I take to reduce my TSH level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
My t3 is 0.97 and t4 is 6.28 but my TSH is 5.40. What medicine to have to reduce my TSH level?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Levothyroxine Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You must take Levothyroxine oral supplement to reduce the TSH level. I usually prescribe my patients Tablet Thyronorm once daily on empty stomach, starting dose is 25 mcg and can go up to 150 mcg daily. It is a prescription drug. Please get it prescribed by your primary care physician. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor