Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What medicine can I give for my child suffering from cough and having wheezing sound?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Hi, My Daughter, who is four months old, has cough. No runny nose or other problems. Just a wheezing sound when she breathes and sometimes choked nose, which troubles the breathing. Can you please prescribe some simple medicine for her. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Steam inhalation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. It is too risky o self medicate a four month old baby. Based on the symptoms I consider that she may need a course of antibiotics. I suggest you to take her to the specialist who can examine her and advice right medications. Meanwhile you can give her steam inhalations which will clear the airways and provide relief to her. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor