question-icon

What medications effectively treat shoulder pain despite being on Morphine?

Posted on Mon, 17 Sep 2018
Question: I have been taking 1 Morphine ER 30MG ER TAB twice daily for about a year for shoulder pain. It seems like it's not working like it has in the past. Are there any other alternatives?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Increasing the dosage will help.

Detailed Answer:

Morphine is a strong analgesic and if it is not helping then you need to increase the dosage after consulting your orthopedician.

Adding an oral muscle relaxant and doing a hot compress will also help.

You can also discuss regarding local steroid injections to reduce the inflammation and pain.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon