What medications effectively treat moodiness and extreme emotions despite being on Zoloft and Celexa?

Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, I am really struggling. I have tried almost every SSRI and cannot find one that helps me. I have horrible side effects with all of them. I have done zoloft, celexa, prozac, effexor, - i am emotionally diagnosed as a "highly sensitive" person, with extreme emotions and i get very upset easily. i cant control it. i get so overwhelmed with emotion that i feel crazy. i need someting to get me through it.

Answered by Dr. Soujanya 1 hour later
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I can find that you have already tried all important and effective medications with no good results

So I would like to know how long have you been using these medications? How each one of them tapered and the reason for switching?

I can certainly help you if I get to know the reason why it was being tried with all these medications as they have to be continued for certain period to get effective relief.

Can I also get some more information about your symptoms and diagnosis?

Please provide these necessary details so that I can guide you specifically.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee