What medications are effective in treating cystic pimples in an elderly patient?
Warm soaks and benzoyl peroxide
It really depends upon the size of the cysts but you could certainly try Benzoyl Peroxide cream and warm soaks.
It is a little unusual for this to begin occurring at your age so I think it would be good to see a dermatologist see if they can find the cause.
Occasionally larger cysts have to be opened and drained but that should only be done by a physician to prevent infection.
Losartan side effects are rare but include upper respiratory symptoms like stuffy nose, also dizziness, headache and muscle pains.
These are not serious but if you get these side effects it may be troublesome enough that you would need to change medications.
Even rarer are allergic reactions, high potassium and abnormal blood tests. If you had these side effects this could be serious.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kathy Robinson, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the effective treatment for pimples in face
- Taken isotrin for pimples what are the side effects
- Lump behind ear cystic pimple painful what is it
- Whats in pimples
- What is the solution to treat red pimple on eyelid
- Does mometasone furoate cream treat a cystic pimple
- Long term effects of pimple medication acetonin
- Most effective chiness medication for pimples
- What are the different medications for treating pimples
- What medication to take for reducing pimples