What medications are effective at treating an intermittent fever with UTI?
Feeling fine otherwise. Did a home urine test and was positive. Trying to cure it by herbal remedies. Should I be worried about the chills and spreading it into my kidneys? I had my first uti 5 months ago and had the chills and fever too. Thank you
It is better to take antibiotics.
Since it is your second UTI episode in such a short period and you are experiencing chills and fever intermittently. It will be better to take antibiotics (like Nitrofurantoin) to treat the infection.
Given your age and absence of other medical conditions, it is unlikely that infection will spread to kidneys.
However, antibiotics are needed to completely clear up the infection. So please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for further evaluation and management
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for intermittent fever
- Intermittent fever headache belchin
- Intermittent fever causes
- Symptoms of intermittent fever
- Intermittent fever with sweat and bodyache
- Intermittant fever with sweating
- Intermittent fever in children
- Drugs/medication for intermittent fever
- Diagnosis of intermittent fever
- Intermittent fever at night with cough
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...