What medication can effectively treat diarrhoea in a seven year old?
my son 7 years male son having watery loose motion for 4 times kindly prescribe the medicine to stop as we are travelling.
Oral antibiotics may be required
I can certainly understand your concern for your son.
I have worked through your attached query in detail
As per your symptoms, the possibility of a gastrointestinal infection is very high.
I generally prescribe oral antibiotics medications of Ornidazole 200mg and Loperamide 1mg for 3 days after a meal, to my patients with such symptoms.
ORS should be continued on as and when required basis.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.
Post your further queries if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is medication sparacid effective for
- Medical insurance for 70 year old
- 50 year old medical tests
- Having diarrhoea what medication to take
- Drugs/medication for Diarrhoea
- What is the specific medication treatment for 13 year old
- What medication is effective in treating irregular menstrual cycles
- Medical exam for 55 year old
- What medication can effectively treat melasma
- What medical tests are recommended for a 40 year old
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails