What medication can be taken to reduce the swelling in the tongue?
A number of causes
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but tongue swelling could be due to a number of causes , the most common of which is allergic reaction or injury from hot foods or drinks.. So, you did right by taking an antihistaminic to relieve the swelling if the cause was an allergic reaction. if no improvement occurred then you will need to go to the hospital for a corticosteroid or epinephrine injection ..
other causes of swollen tongue include infections either bacterial or fungal , but this should be accompanied with fever or tongue discoloration..
Also another possible cause is iron or vitamin d difficiency so I would recommend that you take a blood test for hemoglobin and vitamin d levels in blood.. I hope you find this helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medication should be taken or eosinophilia
- What medication should be taken for leukaemia
- What are the medications for reducing the inflammation in bones
- What medications can be taken for diabetes
- What medication should be taken for itp
- What medication should i take to reduce the swelling
- Medical reasons for sore tongue
- What medications are advsied for swells in the head
- What medication to take for reducing pimples
- What medication should be taken for headache