What medication be taken for constipation due to Imodium?
Take a laxative for few days.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Imodium causes severe constipation therefore firstly stop taking Imodium.
Secondly start taking any over the counter laxative like Miralax till your bowel moments return back to normal.
A probiotic should be taken for one week to replete the good bacterias in your gut. I would suggest you to take VSL#3.
Hope I was helpful.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medical conditions that cause constipation
- Suggest medication for constipation and gastritis
- Constipation after medical abortion
- Child with severe constipation medication taken is laxopeg help
- Need medication for constipation
- What medication should be given for constipation in baby
- Suggest medication for constipation
- Drugs/medication for Constipation
- Constipation after medical termination
- What medication is suggested for habitual constipation