What medical conditions cause joint pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My 14 year old daughter has been complaining of her joints hurting, elbow, shoulders and fingers. Recently fingers on right hand appeared slightly swollen. She started lifting hand weights this may be the cause. She woke up this morning and stated that her arms were shaking and couldn't support her weight as she tried to push up out of bed. She also should be taking iron pills but does not taking them like she should. Concerned.
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:
I HAVE GONE THROUGH YOUR QUERY IN DETAIL,her symptoms are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis so go for RA Factor,till than she can take aceclofenac and paracetamol for pain and do hot fomentation.
This is nothing to concern with iron or sugar intake.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: What medical conditions cause joint pain? 13 minutes later
what is aceclofenac and paracetamol and are they OVC?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Aleve is available OTC.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can get Aleve over the counter. The sudden loss of strength could be due to an electrolyte imbalance also. Ask her to have plenty of electrolyte rich fluids.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.