Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What measure should be taken in case of boil on eyelid?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1173 Questions
What measure should we take in case of boil on eyelid???
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 59 minutes later

Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW
Thank you for sending your query to us.

A boil on eye lid requires hot foamentation at least twice a day.A handkerchief heated by a hot iron is gently applied to the effected area.

Oral antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication are required.

If the pus points then it is to be punctured and pus squeezed out and antibiotic ointment is to be applied.

Inacase the bioil is large it may require your ophthalmologist to open and drain it.

In adults diabetes is to be looked into.

In case of any query please do get back to us

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor