Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What leads to burning sensation and pain in anus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
burning sensation and pain in anus
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fissure in ano Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from fissure in ano which is nothing but a small crack in the anus. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Use a stool softener like Syp Lactulose, 15 ml at night, softer the stool the easier and less painful it is to pass stools 2. Lignocaine jelly when applied over the burning area brings in a lot of relief. Apply it thrice daily 3. Sitz bath should be taken once a day, it helps in healing. Here you will have to buy a wide mouthed bucket, fill it up in warm water and sit in it for about 15 min. You could also medicate it with Dettol or Savlon 4. Avoid fat rich food, spicy food and junk food ( pizza, burgers, fries, etc) until you are better. Food should be rich in fibre for example green leaft vegetables, fruits, salad, etc Also please approach a general surgeon soon for a local examination and treatment I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What leads to burning sensation and pain in anus? 4 hours later
As Suggested, I have got the cream LIGNOCAINE HYDROCHOLIRIDE GEL IP INTACAINE 2% JELLY. As per druggist it is a anesthesia cream.Is it ok to apply anesthesia cream in anus.Please let me know
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please go ahead and use it Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for using my suggestion, please go ahead and use the jelly. It will help alleviate the symptoms. But please do not ignore this for too long as the fissure might expand and become bigger, visit a general surgeon soon Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor