What leads to burning sensation and pain in anus?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: burning sensation and pain in anus
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fissure in ano Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from fissure in ano which is nothing but a small crack in the anus. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Use a stool softener like Syp Lactulose, 15 ml at night, softer the stool the easier and less painful it is to pass stools 2. Lignocaine jelly when applied over the burning area brings in a lot of relief. Apply it thrice daily 3. Sitz bath should be taken once a day, it helps in healing. Here you will have to buy a wide mouthed bucket, fill it up in warm water and sit in it for about 15 min. You could also medicate it with Dettol or Savlon 4. Avoid fat rich food, spicy food and junk food ( pizza, burgers, fries, etc) until you are better. Food should be rich in fibre for example green leaft vegetables, fruits, salad, etc Also please approach a general surgeon soon for a local examination and treatment I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
As Suggested, I have got the cream LIGNOCAINE HYDROCHOLIRIDE GEL IP INTACAINE 2% JELLY. As per druggist it is a anesthesia cream.Is it ok to apply anesthesia cream in anus.Please let me know
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please go ahead and use it Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for using my suggestion, please go ahead and use the jelly. It will help alleviate the symptoms. But please do not ignore this for too long as the fissure might expand and become bigger, visit a general surgeon soon Regards