Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What kind of specialist should I consult for cold and difficulty in breathing with severe cough?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Hi There! My Dad is having lot of coughing and cold as well. The coughing has become so serious that anytime he coughs, he get suffocation and difficulty breathing. He went to local doctor also for medicine for cold but his cold is not coming out only and it his suffocating him too much. What do you advise and which specialist would be right for his condition to cure him quickly
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Need more details... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you are concerned about your father's condition. To help me understand his condition better, I would need more details about him. Therefore please answer the following questions. 1. How long has been having these symptoms? 2. Did the symptoms start abruptly or was it gradual in onset? 3. Is his symptoms progressing or declining? 4. Does he produce sputum (mucous) with the cough? If yes, can you quantify the amount of sputum, its consistency, color, smell and if there are any blood stains? 5. Does he cough through out the day or is it more at a particular time of the day? 6. If his symptoms have been long standing one, do you find there is pattern change in relation to the weather? 7. Is he running fever along with it? 8. How has is appetite been? Is he eating well? Is he losing weight? 9. Does he smoke? If yes, how many and since when? 10. Can you confirm if he has any past medical illness including asthma (childhood) or if he is on any regular medications? 11. If there are any other unusual symptoms please mention. I look forward your answers to all these questions. Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor