Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What kind of food can I give for my child suffering from vomiting and loose motions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1803 Questions
Hi, my son is 11 months old and he is having going to motions since yesterday daily 7 - 8 times so we took him to a clinic and he was prescribed enterogermina and oflamac, after we gave this medicine he started vomiting and motions have now turned into loose motions and the frequency increased. What ever we feed him he vomits please suggest what should be done, also can you suggest the food that we should give him Also the motion sometimes is sticky.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Emeset syrup Detailed Answer: Hi Usually loose stools and vomiting takes 5 days to settle. It's usually viral unless there is blood in stools. You can continue the current medications and add zinc drops 0.5 ml once daily. You can give him breast feeds along with rice based foods. Give him plenty of rebalanz in sips every few minutes to keep him hydrated and make sire he passes atleast 6times urine. Don't worry it will settle soon. If he becomes very dull with low urine output you may need to admit him for iv fluids. Emeset syrup 3 ml thrice daily can be given for vomiting. Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor