Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What kind of doctor should I refer to for removal of milia from the eye?

Answered by
Dr. Dadapeer K


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 5709 Questions

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: What kind of doctor removes milia from the eye? My daughter has one on her lower lid in the corner of her eye.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dermatologist or skin specialist

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic
Milia usually occur in crops affecting skin of face commonly around eyes and nose.
They can resolve spontaneously but sometimes persist and need to be removed for cosmetic reasons
They are removed by
Skin peeling.

A dermatologist or skin specialist does this.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on