What is ventricular dilation?
It means Ventricle has got loosened up
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
Ventricular dilation means Your heart's pumping chamber has gotten enlarged in size.
This usually means it starts function less efficiently, because heart can only function well when when it's size is within normal limits when it gets bigger than this, it can contract that well.
There are two main causes of Dilation:
1) Myocardial infarction.
2) Long standing hypertension.
We usually treat ventricular dilation by giving meds which control blood pressure,
doesn't let heart to get over loaded
and restrict patient's salt intake.
Some diuretics are given to decrease blood volume.
And some meds are given which strengthens heart contractions so that stronger contraction can compensate for loss of function.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is premature ventricular contractions in a fetus
- What is ventricular trigeminy
- Left ventricular dilation with stress
- Mild ventricular dilatation
- Mild right ventricular dilatation
- Right articular and ventricular dilatation
- What are the symptoms of ventricular fibrillation?
- Causes of right ventricular dilation
- What is left ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular dilatation of the brain
- What causes depression in a person with thyroid disorder?
- What causes smelly hair syndrome?
- What causes pain and numbness in chest and left arm?
- What causes pain in bottom of foot while walking?
- What causes itching sensation under chin area post carotid endarterectomy?
- Is it necessary to have antibiotics for sore throat and fever?
- Suggest treatment for renal cysts
- What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
- What tests help detect AIDS?
- What causes chest pain after doing cardio exercise?