What is tracheomalacia?
congenital laryngeal condition
Hi, thanks for your query.
tarcheomalacia is a congenital conditions, where in the trachea is very flabby and collapsing with decreased tone of laryngeal and tracheal muscles leading to noisy breathing called stridor.
Laryngo tracheo malacia is a commonest cause of paediatric stridor.
Laryngoscopic examination will help to detect the
There is no treatment for it.
It heals as the child grows.
Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tracheomalacia and feeding issues
- Tracheomalacia laryngomalacia
- Tracheomalacia feeding
- Tracheomalacia and car accidents
- Laryngomalacia vs tracheomalacia
- Tracheomalacia and gestational diabetes
- Tracheomalacia emedicine pediatrics
- What are some tracheomalacia triggers
- Tracheomalacia or floppy airway
- How to feed an infant with tracheomalacia