Owl Image

What is this flabby thing hanging from my vagina?

Question
Hi doctor, what is this flabby thing hanging from my vagina?
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 45 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
You need to be examined by a gynecologist to find out what flabby thing you are talking about .The lesion may be excised after diagnosis by biopsy / FNAC .

Follow-up: What is this flabby thing hanging from my vagina? 23 minutes later
So you dont know?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
?? Vaginal folds or even hymen

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

If you do not mind, please write back to me with your exact age. I would like you to know that this is most probably just completely normal, as this could be your inner vaginal lips or your hymen (if at all you have a recent history of sexual contact, history of vigorous physical activity, sports like cycling, etc.).

Could you also let me know the following information that would help me greatly:
-Your actual age
-Sexual status. If yes, when was your last sexual encounter?
-Involvement in sports? If yes, what kind of activities?
-Have you attained menarche? Had your period?

If you do not mind, then you can also take an image of the spoken region and attach it to our discussion and I could examine it better and comment on it with more accuracy.

Other than this, there are possibilities of it being infections, growths, etc; those will require examination by a gynecologist, but in my opinion this is most probably completely normal. It is either your inner labia folds or your hymen (torn).

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: What is this flabby thing hanging from my vagina? 2 hours later
I am 13

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your vaginal lips/folds; perfectly normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

As suspected, this is most probably your vaginal folds or hymen. As you are growing into a young woman, your body changes and so do your genitalia. The new changes include the development and growth of your vagina and folds around it. This is completely normal and there is nothing to worry about. This is what all women experience.

I hope you find my response helpful young lady. Please feel free to write to me about anything, I am always available to help you. :)

Best wishes.

Follow-up: What is this flabby thing hanging from my vagina? 26 minutes later
Did u need a picture of it?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Almost sure about it being normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

I am almost sure, given your age ma'am. But if you are comfortable, then you could attach a picture pf the spoken region so I could confirm the same, and you can be completely satisfied as well.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Best wishes.