What is the window period for HIV test?
HIV 1 and 2 results conclusive by 12 weeks after risky exposure.
Welcome back to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
You need not wait till 6 months as far as HIV is concerned to get a conclusive result. Only in people who are on immunosuppressive drugs like steroids, anti-metabolite drugs and drugs used by transplant recipients, the antibody formation would likely be to get delayed and the result may take up to six months to get a conclusive result and not in all. With other normal individuals the test result would become conclusive by 12 weeks itself. So nothing to worry and not to wait till six months.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is actual time of hiv test
- Negative hiv test what is window period
- What is coi in hiv test
- What is the window period for hiv test
- What is the true window period for hiv test
- What is the hiv test
- What are the findings from the hiv test
- What is elcia hiv test
- What is rapid hiv test
- Hiv tests shortest window period