What is the use of Evaserve tablet?

Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas

Posted on Mon, 2 Mar 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What is the use of evaserve tablet.. Is there any alternative of this medicine
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Evaserve

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
Evaserve contains Dehydroepiandrosterone 75 MG+Folic acid 4.5 MG+Vitamin D3 3000 IU.
Dehydroepiandrosterone ,the main component functions predominantly as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the androgen and estrogen sex steroids.
Evaserve is a nutritional supplement drug which can help a female to get pregnant .
Ovacare forte which contains n acetylcysteine and essential micro nutrients-another alternative nutritional supplement is supposed to help in regularization of menstrual cycles and in ovulation and hence fertility.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 9 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

I am 33 year old and trying to conceive from past 1 year. I have gone through HSG and laproscopy also. I found that my left tube is blocked while right is perfectly fine. Can I conceive normally with one fallopian tube ?
Another question , I am taking fertisure-F (twice a day) , Blong F (once a day) .My doctor has stopped clomid for one month. My Gyn has prescribed me evaserve for healthy follicles but I am not getting it anywhere. Could you please suggest any other alternative of this medicine that can work similar to this ?
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, chances are there but less

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, even with one tube patent there are chances of you getting pregnant. But the chances are a bit less compared to one with two patent tubes.

Evaserve is the only trade name with that combination. There is no other brand which provides that combination in the mentioned dose. You may have to ask your treating doctor for an alternative.

Also, I would recommend reinstating the Clomid, as it improves the chances.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Follow up: Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 13 hours later
Thanks for your reply.
Can I take Clomid each month until I conceive? Is there any side effect of taking it every month ? Alongwith Clomid I will be taking progynova 2mg,duphastone,blogF,fertisureF. Please suggest for how many cycles I can take Clomid.

I have heard that ecosprin is a blood thinner that also helps in conception. Can I take it regularly ?
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clomid and other issues.

Detailed Answer:

Clomid (clomiphene) is a non-steroidal fertility medicine. It causes the pituitary gland to release hormones needed to stimulate ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary).
Initial therapy PO 50 mg/day for 5 days. Second & third courses PO 100 mg/day for 5 days.
Clomid should be taken under the supervision of fertility specialist only.

Clomid has many potential side effects e.g. Abnormal uterine bleeding; abnormal ovarian enlargement, luteal cyst formation.
Don't take Clomid unsupervised every month.

Ecosprin is a blood thinner or antiplatelet drug. Ecospirin increases the blood flow to the fetus. The blood flow is hampered due to thickening of the uterine vessels in pregnancy with hypertension. So adequate blood supply to the fetus is ensured with aspirin.

Ecosprin can be taken once you are pregnant, that too with advice from your gynaecologist.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari