What is the turn over rate of amino acids in the system?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dear nutrionist,

I want to know how long does broken down' amino acids stay in our body if used and recycled to make newer amino acids. Is it possible a part of amino acid is immortal since it can constantly be reused and recycled again and again for rest of our life? or is there a time and point when the body discards it completely?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be recycled and used over and over!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. There are amino acids that remain integral parts of our body forever. They can be recycled and used over and over in different parts of the body. Discarding an amino acid completely is not a programmed process but may occur at some point.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.