Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment to cure wheezing due to allergic rhinitis whtiout undergoing DNS surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
I am getting affected with allergic rhinitis/hay fever frequently. The symptoms normally occurs are sneezing, nasal congestion, eye watering , severe pain in the nasal bones and head ache. Some times i suffer from wheezing problems also. When i consulted a DR, I am advised to do DNS surgery, as in left nose nasal bone is blended. I don't prefer doing the DNS surgery. Could you please help me in this?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 35 hours later
Brief Answer: Allergic symptoms may not improve with surgery Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Allergic rhinitis is a condition in which one has allergy in the upper respiratory tract. The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are excessive sneezing, watery rhinorrhea and itching in the nose. Nasal obstruction may or may not be a symptom in allergic rhinitis patients. This obstruction if present can be because of turbinate hypertrophy and/or DNS or both. DNS surgery in allergic rhinitis patients is usually indicated for obstructive symptoms as surgery usually does not remove the allergic symptoms. So, if your doctor is doing it for obstructive symptoms, you can go ahead with it. For allergic symptoms, these may not improve with surgery. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor