Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for white patches on my penis?

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7388 Questions
hi i am having white curdy patches on my penis , i am male , i applied an ointment but that doesnot work , please suggest any treatment .
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Candidal Balanitis, topical and/or oral antifungal Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep a possibility of candidal balanitis. Classical Candidal Balanitis presents with the following signs and symptoms: itching, redness, edema, white deposition/curdy white patches and linear cracks all round on the inner surface of prepuce (if the adjacent prepuce is also involved). General measures: -Avoid soap to clean the delicate skin of foreskin and glans. Instead you can use just plain water for gentle cleansing. -Abstain from intercourse for a week till it is cured OR otherwise you can use a condom Specific treatment for candidal balanitis: -I normally advice my patients to apply a topical steroid+antifungal cream(Clotrimazole+beclomethasone) twice daily for 7 days. -An oral antihistamine like cetrizine once daily will help you with the itch. If its slow to respond OR recurs again i would advice that you visit your nearby dermatologist who might prescribe you one of the oral anti-fungal agents (either Fluconazole 150mg single dose OR Itraconazole 100mg twice daily for 7 days). take care regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor