Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for urinary retention?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
not able to urine properly. almost 90% is blocked.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX Please get your ultrasound KUB (Kidney, Ureters and Bladder), residual volume, uroflowmetry, urine routine & culture, kidney function test, and CECT KUB done and get back to me. Broadly low urine output can be because of either obstructive uropathy or medical renal disease. Also, write me in details whether you are suffering from Diabetes, hypertension or any other disease. Awaiting your response.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for urinary retention? 3 hours later
Hi, Yesterday I consulted the doctor and he asked me to undergo following test to start the treatment. CBC, RBC, Serum creatinine, HbAC, Urine routine, Urine C/S, USG and Uroflow meter. All test are completed except the uroflow meter ( due to insufficient flow the machine not able to read ). Expected the reports by today evening, after consulting the Doctor will post you the outcome.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor